The security of containers has been a hotly discussed topic. This talk will explain the main concerns around container security, and offer some best practices and guidance for addressing them.
The guiding philosophy will be “defence in depth”; no one layer or tool should be relied upon to provide complete security.
The topics covered will include:
- The isolation guarantees of containers
- Making sure your images haven’t been tampered with
- How to limit the resources that containers can access
- How to audit and monitor containers
- Using VMs and containers together to maximize security and efficiency
- How to safely share secrets (API keys, passwords) with containers